wsTaskborg (Taskbar Organizer) is a tool that lets you organize the buttons on Windows taskbar by dragging them around, grouping and ungrouping them as you wish. Custom groups can be created, too.
- To move buttons, hold down Shift and drag them with your mouse.
- To create a new group, Ctrl-Click a single button. You will be asked how to name the new group. Enter anyhing or leave it to the default value and press Enter. Note that Explorer will soon ungroup a group that has only one item, so you should immediately add another button to the newly created group.
- To add buttons to a group, hold down Ctrl and drag them onto a group. This works both with normal and custom groups. You can also drag a group onto another group to merge them.
- To ungroup a group Ctrl-Click it.
- Windows XP.
- Power user or Administrator rights (for installation only, afterwards even users with limited accounts can use it).
wsTaskborg is shareware. You can use the fully functional trial version for 30 days. If you wish to continue using it after the trial period is over, please purchase a license key.