There’s a wicked thunderstorm coming this way, so I’ll keep this short.
The next major release of the Broken Link Checker plugin is nearing completion. Some of the highest voted ideas have been implemented, the user interface has been re-worked and many bugs have been fixed. Interested? Play with the alpha version, check out new features before anyone else, submit last-minute feedback. I’m especially interested in your thoughts about the new interface – layout, colours, wording.
Implemented and available right now :
- Individually pick the types of content to check for links.
- Check drafts, scheduled and private posts.
- Colour-coded “Status” column in the link table.
- Show/hide columns selectively.
- “Compact” table view – each row becomes exactly two lines, no text wrapping. Slick.
- Select how many links per page to display.
- New URL editor.
- Tabbed interface for the settings page.
Implemented, but not yet public. Probably reserved for a “Pro” version :
- Check embedded YouTube, DailyMotion and Vimeo videos.
- Specialized checker algorithms for RapidShare, Mediafire and MegaUpload links.
- Custom post type support.
- Check plaintext URLs.
The new “Broken Links” page (click to enlarge) :
The new settings page :
Thoughts?Related posts :