Here’s something I’ve been working on for the last month or so: FindBroken.com. It’s an automated link checker that periodically scans your site for broken links and alerts you by email if any are found. Basically, it’s like a hosted version of the Broken Link Checker plugin, only simpler and not WordPress-specific.
The site is still in early beta, so some features may a little rough around the edges or just plain missing. Nevertheless, I encourage you to go check it out and let me know what you think. All feedback is welcome.
What already works
- Add/remove sites.
- Monitor multiple sites with one account.
- Automatic daily scans.
- Email notifications.
What doesn’t quite work
- The crawler that I use is slow to get going. Sometimes it can take ~30 minutes before any progress is visible.
- Redirects are currently not followed.
- There’s a fair amount of false positives. Luckily, most of them are temporary and don’t show up when using the “persistent” filter.
- The site could use some UX love.