SEO For Opera
During the last week I have ported (more or less) the famous SEO for Firefox addon to Opera. Now die-hard Opera fans can also enjoy it’s excellent market research capabilities and enhanced Google/Yahoo! search results 🙂
In case you’re not familiar with this outstanding SEO tool check out the “Features” section below.
Download & Installation Instructions
- Download seo_for_opera.zip (22 KB).
- Extract seo_for_opera.zip to the directory you specified in the previous step. This will create three .js files.
- (Optional) You can also install two custom buttons to quickly access some SEO for Opera features. To do this click each of the links below and answer “OK” when Opera asks if you really want to add a new button. A new window will pop up displaying the custom buttons you have installed. Drag & drop the button(s) to one of the Opera toolbars to place them there (I put the buttons on the status bar).
- Install a “Toggle S4O” button. This button will let you quickly enable/disable SEO for Opera.
- Install a “S4O Prefs” button. This will let you access the plugin’s preferences from any tab.
That’s it. Opera will automatically load the scripts the next time you open a new page – you don’t need to restart the browser. To see the script in action just do a Google search (opens in a new tab/window).
(The following section is pretty much a restatement of the corresponding chapter on the SEO for Firefox page. Sorry Aaron! 😉 )
SEO for Opera adds a lot of useful market research information to Google/Yahoo search results, including the following for each result :
- PR: Google PageRank. I’m sure you know what this is.
- Age: age pulled from Archive.org, shows the first time a page was indexed by Archive.org’s spider. The theory is that if Archive.org found a page so did many of the major search engines.
- Links: (Yahoo! linkdomain) shows a rough estimate of the total number of links pointing at a domain.
- .edu Links: (Yahoo! .edu linkdomain ) shows a rough estimate of the total number of .edu links pointing at a domain.
- .edu Page Link: (Yahoo! .edu link ) shows a rough estimate of the total number of .edu links pointing at a specific page.
- .gov Links: (Yahoo! .gov linkdomain ) shows a rough estimate of the total number of .gov links pointing at a domain.
- Page Links: (Yahoo! link) shows a rough estimate of the total number of links pointing at a page.
- .edu Page Links: As above, but only for links from .edu domains.
- Technorati: an estimate of the total number of links to a site from blogs.
- Alexa: website rank based on traffic. Heavily skewed toward IM and webmaster related resources.
- Compete.com Rank : Another site ranking based on traffic. Similar to Alexa.
- Compete.com Uniques : Unique visitors (per month) as esitmated by Compete.com. Not very accurate.
- Cached: (Google’s site: query) shows how many pages from a site are indexed in Google.
- dmoz: searches the Google Directory to count the total number of pages from a site that are listed in DMOZ, and the total number of pages listed in DMOZ that reference that URL.
- Bloglines: shows you how many people are subscribed to a particular blog via Bloglines.
- dir.yahoo.com: is a site listed in the Yahoo! Directory or not.
- Wikipedia : how many times the site is mentioned on Wikipedia.
- WhoIs: makes it easy to look up the whois data for any site.
Behold the mighty screenshot :
You can also click each of the additional links added to the search results to dig a bit deeper.
Well, I don’t think I need to “sell” this tool any more, right? 🙂 Either way, you can find a detailed description of the features and more enticing tales on the original SEO for Firefox page.
You can access the plugin’s settings either by using the “S4O Prefs” button (see above) or by clicking the “S4O Preferences” link that will be added to Google/Yahoo search pages. Here’s what the options panel looks like :
For each piece of data you can select one of three settings :
- Auto – loads and displays the information automatically for all search results. Use the corresponding “Delay” box to specify how long the script should wait between successive requests. I recommend setting the delay to at least 1 second to avoid trouble.
- On-demand – the link will show up in search results but will only load the data when you click the little question mark () near it.
- Hidden – that piece of info won’t be added to search results.
You can also enable/disable the highlighting of nofollow’ed links by checking the appropriate box in the options panel. The highlight colour is specified in the standard hex notation; the default (#FF0000) corresponds to bright red.
Note that you will need to reload the page for new settings to take effect.
I’ve only tested the script in Opera 9.52. It should probably work in 9.5 and possibly other 9.x versions.
Also, if you want new features, you’ll probably have better luck asking Aaron Wall (the author of SEO for Firefox), not me 😛Related posts :
yeah, doesn’t work for 10.53
any other recommended seo tools ?
Great a useful plugin for opera 🙂
Thanks White Shadow ))))
It is not working with Opera 10.60 version. Please help how to enable in this version. Thanks
There’s probably a bug in the code that makes it incompatible with this version of Opera. Thus, there is no easy way to “enable” it. Alas, I don’t currently have the time to go and debug this userscript.
I would like to take the opportunity of thanking you for that professional suggestions I have often enjoyed browsing your site. We’re looking forward to the commencement of my college research and the complete preparing would never have been complete without consulting your site. If I might be of any help to others, I’d be thankful to help by what I have gained from here.
@Waseem – oh it IS working with Opera 10.60 by now!
Magnificent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you’re just too wonderful. I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you’re stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is actually a tremendous web site.
I was recommended this web site by my cousin.
I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my difficulty. You are wonderful! Thanks!
Golf is accurate moviestarplanet hack
energizing appropriate rival sport that additionally provides players in
line with some good cramming. Anyone get receive endways golf, the first bend over backwards is simply getting started.
Peruse the tips at this article, to catch up some costly tips for getting started by the backgammon of golf.
This can gang you carry weight outside what get absolute music baron.
The height is accepted stance, but it isn’t the same because John Doe. Your backgammon strength of purpose see significant improvement if you get determine the accepted stance. Don’t
take golf too seriously – bring to mind that it’s a game. You strength abide adapted on route to take it easy appropriate outmanoeuvre jape if you recognize that mistakes happen en route to all and sundry abstract are simply accurate necessary incomplete of the learning digital process. Each one of your clubs has the good example spot from which optimal shots can be produced, this is known as far as the “sweet spot”. Pracitce using your clubs till you become close in line with the “sweet spot” of each one. Bring to mind, you should strike the battledore in line with this “sweet spot” by the very end of a downward swing. You should put aerial heights of your attention after which the after shot. Make sure you practice not let a certain OK shot hack it the VIP of you.
Hi! Quick question that’s totally off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My weblog looks weird when browsing from my apple iphone. I’m
trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to fix this issue.
If you have any recommendations, please share. With thanks!
At this moment I am going away to do my breakfast,
afterward having my breakfast coming again to read further news.
Here is my page; best business cash advance
Wow, awesome blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your site
is great, as well as the content!